My Photo
Name:
Location: Concord, Massachusetts, United States

Retired from entertainment to become a mom. I never got to the place I wanted to be in the industry and decided there was a better life out there somewhere... some days I think I might have finally found it. But I'll keep looking, just in case.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

this is not a post


Lately when I consider posting I can't think of anything to say. We're looking for a house; we haven't found one yet. (We put in an offer on one yesterday, but if I were the seller I wouldn't accept our offer, so I'm not expecting anything. But it was the best we could do.) I haven't read anything except the newspaper recently. We haven't gone anywhere for summer vacation (and when we do we're going to visit my mother, which usually isn't anything to write home about...) It's hot, and too humid, and my kid is cranky all the time because he's hot and bored. It makes me wish I had a tranquilizer dart. (Just kidding.)

A while back I read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's the perfect blend of history, mystery, horror and suspense (and who doesn't like vampire stories?). I happen to like historical details, but if they bore you you could probably blip over the details without losing the thread of the story. But don't -- the beauty of this book is how tightly crafted it is.


I've never read a Harry Potter book. We've got one around here somewhere that was given to us, but I don't know where we put it. Or maybe we gave it away. Anyway, until my son starts reading them I probably won't, even though I know a lot of adults love them.

How 'bout that Supreme Court nominee?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real hum-dinger if you ask me.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon I will go to Florida for work. I have been reading a lot of Carl Hiaasen to prepare myself.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home