My Photo
Name:
Location: Concord, Massachusetts, United States

Retired from entertainment to become a mom. I never got to the place I wanted to be in the industry and decided there was a better life out there somewhere... some days I think I might have finally found it. But I'll keep looking, just in case.

Monday, April 18, 2005

yesterday and today


I wish we had more days like Sunday... my husband, son and I had brunch with friends after church, received many wishes for a happy anniversary (it isn't until Thursday but we dedicated altar flowers on Sunday in thanksgiving for our fourth anniversary), went to the Bklyn Botanic Garden and watched our son play in the grass. The weather was glorious! It couldn't have been nicer until my husband got on a plane at the end of the day for Las Vegas and NAB. Not the way I'd have had the day end in a perfect world. He comes home again on Wednesday.

While my son was with his babysitter today (they'll be home soon... wonder what they did all day?) I went to the movies. It left me feeling lonely for my husband. It made me want to come home and hug my kid. The movie was "House of D" and it touched some tender places that I'm sure we all have but we tend to protect -- mine are all family places. I'll sit down later and record what I thought, after my son is in bed but before I lose the immediacy of having seen it. Let me say now that it made me cry, and I feel a little ridiculous crying at a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home